How to create account on Tawakkalna App
The Tawakkalna app was originally conceived to support the government of Saudi Arabia’s efforts in combating the spread of the coronavirus by facilitating the electronic issuance of movement permits during the curfew period.
Tawakkalna app features and services
The Tawakkalna app has numerous essential features, some of which are as follows.
COVID-19 Vaccine Services. This service enables users to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment after confirming their eligibility.
Health Passport. An important feature confirming that the user has taken all doses of COVID-19 vaccine and is now “immune”.
COVID-19 Test Services. A feature that allows users to book a COVID-19 testing appointment and view the results on the app easily.
Caution Mode. A feature allowing users to detect whether or not there is a COVID infected, exposed, or suspected person in the immediate vicinity.
Hajj Permit. The Tawakkalna app is also capable of displaying the Hajj Permit as issued by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
Gathering Permit: It enable users (government, commercial, or personal) to issue gathering permits and get QR codes for visitors. The code can be shared and used to report suspected cases, edit or delete permits, check entry permits’ status, and record users’ usage statistics.
Registering on the Tawakkalna app
In order to access these services, users will need to register themselves on the Tawakkalna app. Here are the registration steps for both residents and visitors.
- First, you must download the app which is available for Android phones on the Google play store (here) and iOS phones on the Apple store (here).
- Start the sign up process, set up a password, and you will receive verification code on the mobile number you registered in the “Absher” online platform.
- If you don’t have an “Absher” account, you can either create one, or use someone else’s account to verify your mobile number.
- You can do that by logging into “Absher,” clicking on “individuals,” going to “my services,” then “general services,” click on “Register a Mobile Number for Tawakkalna,” and fill in the three main fields (ID/Iqama number, date of birth and mobile number).
- The mobile number you register will receive a verification code to help you create an account on the “Tawakkalna” app.
- “Tawakkalna” app user ID and password are different from the ones for “Absher.” They are not interchangeable.
- Once you create an account on “Tawakkalna,” you pinpoint your exact location on the map and answer some questions regarding your health.
- You then identify any people you sponsor (such as a driver or domestic worker) and dependents in the same place of your residence (such as your children).
- For the app to work properly, your phone must be connected to the internet and have GPS enabled at all times. (The app’s internet usage is free, i.e. it will not consume any balance from your data).